ONLY THE QUALIFIED APPLICANTS NEED APPLY
Women spend a lot of time doing their due diligence for their career and business, but spend no time on understanding who they’re dating. So after thinking about this premise I’m sure I’ve found a solution. Attached is an Employment Application that has been altered to address the information we all should know from prospective love connections. Don’t be embarrassed if you’re in a relationship now and don’t have this information. Maybe now is the time to ask for your significant other to fill out this application?
1. First Name Middle Name Last Name
Okay let’s be honest. How many of us know the legal name of our significant other? I myself dated a guy who had a really cool name, but later found out his government name was Albert. Lol Do you know his or her last name? Last thing you want to find out is that they are a criminal, or possibly related to you.
2. Permanent Address: How long have you lived there? Rent or Own
If he lives with his wife and kids that might be a problem. Or if he lives with his Mother and has no intentions of ever leaving it could be a problem. Here’s one for the record books; this dummy had an apartment I knew about and a damn house he lived in with his girlfriend and her kids. Takes work to be such a big liar.
3. Telephone Number Email Alternate Number
Ever met the guy or girl that has two or three cell phones, but it always goes to voicemail? This usually means there’s something to hide. If they never want to talk and always email or text there’s a problem. If someone answers the phone and says they’re the wife, girlfriend, or husband you might want to let that go.
4. Are you available to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation? YES ___ NO ___
We all have our prerequisites. Some of us don’t believe in having sex before being in a committed relationship, but what if they don’t have an interest in sex and you do? Whatever it is you’re looking for it’s better to know upfront before you’re in too deep.
5. When would you be available to work? Would you need to give two weeks notice?
This is very telling. Too many people get into a new relationship before they’ve gotten out of the old one. It would be helpful for the husband or wife to know if they were separated or divorced. This might be news to them.
6. What hours are you available for work? Are you available for overtime?
Easy to get caught in a lie when you’re never around or always cancel on dates. Does this person have time for you? Are you a priority?
It would be nice if your significant other was of age, but I guess it would be nice if they were the age they said they were. Lol
8. Valid Driver’s License
Before you loan the brother your car it would be good to know if he’s not driving on a suspended license. It would help to know if the Jag is being repossessed, or belongs to the other girlfriend. People use people more than we’d like to talk about.
9. Are you a U.S. citizen? Are you eligible to work in the U.S.?
Unless you’re willing to marry an illegal alien, or willing to qualify them for a Green Card; know their status!
10. Are you seeking a permanent position?
I think that says it all.
11. I will be willing to report to work in ____ days once I have been hired.
12. Check the shifts you are available DAY ___ NIGHT___ ROTATING___ SWING___ GRAVEYARD___ ANY___
13. EMPLOMENT HISTORY TITLE EMPLOYER NAME AND ADDRESS START DATE REASON FOR LEAVING
What were you? Wife? Wifey? Husband? Boyfriend? Girlfriend? How many employers have you had? Are you the first commitment this person has made? Or are you in a long line of lovers or husbands? Why did you two break up? If they can’t answer it truthfully walk away. Hell, run!!!
Let us not forget that the CEO of Yahoo was recently outed because he had embellished his qualifications…..I’m just saying.
15. MILITARY: Are you a veteran? Specialized duties/Training
How long have you been in or out of a relationship? What’s the length of your longest relationship? These are things you’d want to know.
16. SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS: What special skills do you possess that are unique to the necessary qualifications?
We all need certain things to be happy. People know what they want to be content in the relationship. “Don’t be a nickel looking for a dime.” Too often people want things from a partner they’re not willing to give.
Would you be willing to give your ex-girlfriend or ex-husband a reference for their next relationship? If I spoke to ex-partner what would they say about you?
18. Who do I contact in case of an emergency, illness, or accident?
Are you the emergency contact or is it the Mama, or maybe the best friend? Many a heart has been broken because when tragedy struck because the couple didn’t stick together. The first time you meet their family shouldn’t be from a hospital bed, or in a crisis.
19. INFORMATION TO APPLICANT -
As part of our procedure for processing your employment application, your personal and employment references may be checked. If you have misrepresented or omitted any facts on this application, and are subsequently hired, you may be discharged from your job. You may make a written request for information derived from the checking of your references.
If necessary for employment, you may be required to: supply your birth certificate or other proof of authorization to work in the United States, have a physical examination and/or a drug test, or to sign a conflict of interest agreement and abide by its terms. I understand and agree to the information shown above.
It would be nice to know that the love of your life isn’t a crackhead.
20. Equal Employment Opportunity: While many employers are required by federal law to have an Affirmative Action Program, all employers are required to provide equal employment opportunity and may ask your national origin, race and sex for planning and reporting purposes only. This information is optional and failure to provide it will have no effect on your application for employment.
Even with these questions answered you never know how love is going to come to you. Be open.