THE NO MORE CRAZY MANIFESTO
Years ago I use to take in crazy like people take in stray dogs. Your life was going nowhere? Aaaw poor baby, let me help you. You were having a pity party? Let me join in and help you feel sorry for yourself. NO MORE! Sorry baby that chapter is closed and so is the door. I am not desperate for a man or a friend. I never was. I heard something today that brought this to mind.
“Sometimes crazy can look like sad to suck you back in.”~ Big Bang Theory (Television Show)
Hallelujah! That was a freeing moment. Not that I didn’t already have the freedom, but it was the first time I acknowledged it. Are you delivered if you don’t recognize the deliverance from your past? You already know the answer. Most of you that read my writing realize most of my questions are rhetorical. This one is definitely in that category.
NO MORE CRAZY MANIFESTO
1. I will not waste time lying to myself. (The biggest lies you tell are the ones you tell yourself. Makes it harder to recognize someone else’s bullshit when you don’t recognize your own.)
2. I can’t be expected to help you when I’m struggling to help myself. (I’ve actually had people get angry with me when I didn’t loan them money. How can I loan you money when I can’t pay my bills? Be for real. Why would I give you money when my daughter is diligently studying to get her doctorate? She deserves EVERYTHING!)
3. Never make someone a priority when you’re not even a second thought/ or option. (Self-explanatory)
4. Nobody works for free. (Just because I own the company doesn’t mean I can afford to lend my expertise or services for free.)
5. The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. (Self-explanatory, people don’t change unless GOD HIMSELF does the transformation.)
6. Never think you can save everyone. (Not everyone wants to be saved, even from themselves.)
7. The people that come through for you (outside of family) are rarely the ones you have helped.
8. Don’t give, loan, or gift what you can’t afford to lose. (When you loan money don’t expect to get it back. Quickest way to lose a friend or ruin a relationship, friend, lover, or whomever.)
9. When you meet someone your first impression is usually right. (When you see crazy don’t invite them in or ask them to dinner. Run!!!!)
10. No relationship is worth your self-respect. (If it feels like you’re always compromising yourself or your morals for this person then you MUST let them go.)
People treat you the way you allow them to treat you. If you are always feeling taken advantage of you need to take heed to the No More Crazy Manifesto. People should love and respect you even when you have the courage to say no. Contrary to how these people want you to feel; you owe nothing to anyone. You must answer to GOD.